I shall be achieving this on April 2011:

Thursday 17 January 2008

Found a new Conference!

Very interesting.. as you go in depth on your research, you tend to find more and more new things, including new conferences that you could participate into...

11th International Conference on Computers Helping People with Special Needs

July 9-11, 2008, University of Linz, Austria

Pre-Conference July 7-8, 2008

http://www.icchp.org

Check out this one.. if it is related to you... Very2 good indeed!


And there are a few more which is very related to myself:

CHI 2008
This years theme will be Art-Science-Balance and will be held in Florence, Italy in April 2008.
According to many, this is a very prestigious conference, and usually it is quite tough to get a place. However, if your paper is accepted, that would mean you are very good indeed.

IDC2008
This is the Interaction Design & Children which is a targeted conference for myself. Also a prestigious conference. This year's conference is held in Chicago, USA in June 2008.

I am very interested in joining this conference as my research clearly involves children and interaction. This year's entry is a bit of a rush for myself, as I am still in the process of reading literature review, therefore, I was not able to write or present any study as yet. However, I am still putting this as my target for next year's entry.

I have seen papers from the previous conferences and it is so exciting as many of them did research in the area of my interest. Many of the researcher which papers I read, usually goes to this conference.

This year's theme is "THINK OUTSIDE THE TOYBOX". I personally think that it is a very creative way of putting a theme. If I were to submit a paper to this conference this year, I would have done something very different than others (I hope), which would certainly be something that no one has ever thought of doing. Think outside the toybox encourages researcher and participants to think creatively in presenting ideas or research work or maybe conducting their research study in a different manner or ways. We might be very used to doing things according to theories evolving computers, but if the theme is taken into account, this would allow researcher or participant to think in terms of other theories that might involves fields of engineering or psychology or social sciences, do you get me?

Well, this is just my personal viewpoint. I'd certainly try my best to participate, if I could. Since, this year is a bit tight for myself to squeeze in with the time, I think I should join the conference next year for better preparation. :)

Cheers!

I really hope that the theme would be related to my studies.

No comments: