I shall be achieving this on April 2011:

Thursday 31 January 2008

Its PROFOLIO Course!

PROFOLIO is a course run by the University. We were told about this course when we attended the Personal Skills Course. The aim is actually to help guide Research Student (DPhils) throughout the study period and for future preparation as well.

It was short, but good overview of the course. We had it in CETL, the CREATIVE LAB! It is a very very creative lab, one should go to. It is a project of both Sussex Uni and Brighton Uni.

They have projectors everywhere, white boards everywhere, we could write on walls and have them recorded straight away into computers, we were given laptops each for activities, and the most interesting of all, PROFOLIO created a PEN DRIVE, for each one of us, to ORGANIZE our work as a DPhils!

My honest opinion: I've been imagining this (of having a place, like an electronic organizer that contains all the things you need in order to plan your DPhils work).. and I finally got it!!!

YEAY!!!

I was sooo happy, and this I shall use at all times! They even have a journal keeping on it, website link to all the important stuffs, which once open has all the bookmark on it, planner like a diary thingy, and what else.. owh.. loads and loads of them...

I just felt that I am sooo lucky to be here.. (am I promoting the Uni?!?), owh yes.. for sure I AM!!! I don't know, but I just like it... the place is good.. and the training that I had this far, for 1 month of being here as a student, was actually really really great!

There's a lot more to tell, but I don't want to bore some of you... ask me, if you are interested!

But I just love the PEN DRIVE!!! Its free and its a Gig!

No comments: