I shall be achieving this on April 2011:

Wednesday 12 March 2008

Tangible and Embedded Interaction 2008

A very recent research work that I did had led me to finding this particular Conference of interest. However, sadly to say, the conference was just held a month ago. But, I find it very interesting though, because the research area that I am interested into looking has its own predefined conference for discussions in its very own area.

Now, I have 2 conferences that I could target to for next year's paper submission. Very interesting and I am looking forward to it.

1. TEi2009 - 2008 webpage: http://tei-conf.org/index.html
2. IDC2009 - 2008 webpage: http://idc08.northwestern.edu/index.php

Following just the recently held conference is a Journal Submission of a very special issue on Tangible and Embedded Interaction in a new journal called "International Journal of Arts and Technology (IJART)".

From the research work that I have done, there are many interesting research findings that researchers had found. I am particularly interested in those involving children. Nevertheless, below are some of the current research work that I myself really admire (you should take a look on them, these people are so creative!):

1. Tangible Sequencer


2. Bubblegum Sequencer


And there are many more that you could find. The bubblegum sequencer is going to its first conference : CHI2008. I'm sure they will gain many interest after presenting their work.

More papers can be read through the ACM Digital Library. I will look into this further.

4 comments:

hannes said...

Clarification: We're not going to CHI (at least not this year). The paper format was merely a requirement for the class that we created this in.

Thanks for your interest and coverage!

Hannes

pAMZ said...

Thanks Hannes!

So happy to receive a reply from you!

I've just commented on your blog:
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=5500368854311642544&postID=7059760639193101017

hannes said...

Regarding shape recognition, you might be able to utilize Reactivision (http://reactable.iua.upf.edu/?software), the software used in the Reactable. I tried it briefly, and it seemed quite easy, performant and robust. Put a camera underneath a semi-transparent surface and mount the markers on the bottom of your objects (letters, whatever).

Hannes

pAMZ said...

be careful with the message by akinogal above, its a link to virus page, i think... why all this scam thing? Don't you all have anything better to do?