I shall be achieving this on April 2011:

Thursday 28 February 2008

In the process of understanding...

I am reading this book, which I bought at a carboot sale for only 50p. I've never thought of it being very useful for me now as a researcher. I bought them, just to add my knowledge being a mother. But, the whole book actually does help a lot in my research work now.

I am now starting to understand the different theories that exist about learning and development stages of a human being. From being babies, to toddler, to young children... the list goes on.. but it really is fascinating.

My first mini experiment is about understanding the NORMATIVE DEVELOPMENT. I am trying to relate what I have read with observing young children.

I went to this playgroup yesterday with a few objectives in my mind:
1. The main thing, is for my son, FD to build up his social skills besides being able to play with toys.
2. To observe the playgroup activities.
3. To observe young children play and interact.

I am in the process of documenting what I saw, I hope to be able to build up further understanding and to move on to my next mini experiment.

Anyways, NORMATIVE DEVELOPMENT that I am referring to consists of:
  • Physical
  • Language
  • Intellectual / Cognitive
  • Symbolic
  • Emotional
  • Social
  • Spiritual

The above list are also called the PILESS Framework.

NORMATIVE DEVT = a milestone devt of a child.

No comments: