I shall be achieving this on April 2011:

Saturday 15 December 2007

Organising and Filing

How do I organize myself?

1. I like to prepare everything beforehand.
2. I like myself to be ready before anything. I hate being panicked. It is just not me!
3. I like to have an organizer around with me at all times. I know I am the forgetful type, therefore, organizers are the best place for me to write events and reminder. Electronic organizers just do not work with me. I tend to be forgetful, when I insert events on electronic organizer, I have to set up alarm or reminder, and I just do not have time to mingle with it, as I've got little FD with me, and by the time i'm holding it, FD will be tagging along wanting to hold them. So, it just do not work with me. Besides, I love hand writing.. I feel more confident with writing things down..
4. Before sleep, I make sure I check my organizer, and when I woke up, I make sure I check them too.
5. I like rewarding myself with something beneficial and good for myself. Therefore, I love checklist, and when I know I have achieved certain target, I need to pamper myself with something good. :D

How do I file my journals (reading materials)?
1. I like papers, I like books, but I have to be strict with myself in organising them as well. This is also a tip from a friend, SSAR. Once I have read a journal, put it into categories like:
  • important to less important
  • with keywords; like the most related ones, to the least related ones
  • organize them with colors
  • have a recorded list of all the title of journals
2. in my computer, how do i categorize them?
  • i created folders and named it accordingly:
    • e.g: PhD Research Materials - 151207 (with ddmmyy at the end to remind me of when I searched for the materials)
  • then, created folders for:
    • Printed
    • To be printed
  • i made a list (in table form) of all the titles of journals that I have, so that I do not search and save them twice or print them twice.
    • benefits:
      • a good collection
      • avoid double printing
      • avoid printing unnecessarily
      • up to date
      • help search better and with quality
3. I do not know whether I am a good reader or not, but I need a good mood to read! Therefore a quiet time is needed. I work best at nights! And in the morning. Therefore I have to make sure, mornings are in the office... to study.

4. I like making notes of what I read... It helps to extract some points from the long journals. I do not consider myself as being a good note taker.. Some times, I tend to write everything?!?! which actually not.. but I felt like it.. but, writing helps to increase my confidences and understanding on the reading subjects... I don't understand how some friends of mine are just sooo good at noticing the important and keywords... for me, I just have to read everything, else, I will think that I am missing all the important points?

Any tips anyone? please help...

well.. i guess that's all the moment.. I hope to write more to share with others on the 1st year as I am...

taa..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi sis...this is some comment..our ability is too difference. And every people have their own style. For me, i also weak learner esp reading journal. But i didn't think negative way. I must try although thats very difficult. Firstly, i will read so many times (3x) and try to understand. Second, i will ask what the journal try to deliver msg? (5W)-asking ourself like question...what?who?when?why?where? Thirdly, try to note down the key words or sentences which is important. My dear sis...thats the way i share with u...thats my style..hehhe

pAMZ said...

hiya zalinda!

Thanks for the tips.. yes.. i will take note on that!

Thank you.. Cheers! :)

Anonymous said...

Good words.