I shall be achieving this on April 2011:

Wednesday 5 December 2007

first day in sussex uni

it was great... it was challenging... it was something that i never thought of coming true..

so, what was the great thingy?
  • i met my SV, graham mcAllister, he was great too in his research.. he has a Malaysian GF... which was shocking news to me... but it was something worth knowing about.. heheh.. .you understand me... he brought me around to view what they have in the building.. hey.. you won't believe me, it was really awesome... the gadgets thingy.. the technology they are using.. its HCI man... and they are really serious into COGNITIVE too!
  • my friend brought me around before i met my SV. she made me realise how hard it was to go around the building... it was really big and like a maze.. one will surely get theirself lost in this maze.. its just paths and doors.. you go here.. and you tend to appear somewhere else? and everywhere is just the same?!?!??! you get me don't you?!
  • my friend brought me to the cafe on the same building.. hey.. its really kewl you know.. i can get coffee anytime!!!
  • her room is awesome too.. very big and spacious.. and she's only sharing it with another girl.. named Joe.
  • I've got our Permit Parking... for a year... which costs 150pound.
  • I made my ID card.. and guess what? it contains my personal identification, works as a library card, student union, and i can also get discounts for shopping.. as a student.. hey.. all in one card you know?!?!?!? this is great!!!
And.. what was the challenging thing about the day?
  • went to the Interact Lab group meeting with Graham.. and everybody was soooo into it.. i mean.. into what they were currently doing.. and they were really great.. in terms of.. they know all about what they were doing.. hey.. ofcourse they have too right? heheh.. its their passion.. its what they are really interested in... hee...
  • after the short discussions about my research topic with Graham, he gaves me some ideas.. which was really2 awesome and brilliant.. and some of it, because of they've already have the gadget inhouse.. owh.. brilliant kan?
  • more challenging.. now that I have just went through my first day.. there is alot of reading that i need to do... a lot.. and i mean A LOT!!!
  • Graham said, that the first year of DPhils, is a very big scope of research topic that I need to find out.. no worries about being lost... its alright...
  • my friend soraya said the same.. no worries about it.. i'll do fine.. owh.. i really hope i could cope with it.. just be happy.. and follow the flow.. i guess?!?!?!
so.. to sum up the day: this is all about passion.. yes PASSION indeed... I remembered a friend asking me, why was I sooooo interested in doing PhD? at that time, i just said i don't know.. i feel like doing it.. but actually, deep inside me, I know why and the reasons.. it is my passion.. it is something that i have always wanted, after a few working experiences and also after a few advises... I finally made up my mind.. that i am good with people... and then.. a friend introduced me to being a lecturer, which i was a bit reluctant at first... but, after thinking about it.. yea.. why not.. since I like to do motivational talks.. and now.. here I am... :)

uh well.. yes.. it is all about PASSION!!!

ciao

No comments: