I shall be achieving this on April 2011:

Thursday 13 December 2007

Publications

And so I've heard.. publication is very important for yourself to acknowledge others on what you are doing. Its a great measurement tools too.. as you could get feedbacks on what you are currently doing.. ideas were given and criticisms are good to improve yourself better in future writings...

I am targeting myself to attend 2 international conferences this 1st year of my DPhil. SV is encouraging myself too, and I hope to be able to be accepted. Fingers crossed! I really hope too..

For those whom are in the same boat as I am, the 1st year of doctoral studies is very very important!

1. Need to do a lot of reading, which I mean a lot!!!
- why? because, as SV said, don't stick to one title yet, as journals are being produced every now and then, get yourself updated and see whats the latest research in the market.. then, you know whether you are doing the right thing?!?!? i mean in the sense of originality? yeah.. it has to be original..
- and then, when you read more, you have more ideas on what you could be doing...
- and then, it will help you to produce the best research proposal...

2. Time planning and organizing yourself is the most important thing, as it will reflect your work!
- at the moment, my first 2 weeks had just passed, and I am trying hard to adjust myself with the new working hours, of going to the office to study or research and time for my little baby, FD and hubby and home.. etc.. etc.. there's a lot to do being a mom!

3. I am targeting myself to attend conferences, atleast one for this 1st year of doctoral study, however, the more the better to get my work published!
- at the moment, i mean now, i am looking for ways to design my poster and am preparing myself to write for Doctoral Consortium... I am hoping high to attend them.. i really hope to be accepted to present my ideas to the world.. i've never thought of doing this before, but this is the right time i hope...

so, for those reading this.. keep yourself updated with more tips from myself.. which is sooo informally done... i hope you get the message...

taa..

No comments: